This is a common issue when trying to activate very old software under a modern operating system that it was not designed or intended to run under.
If your computer is not allowing PhotoKey to access your internet connection, then you can still activate by following the steps for offline activation, as follows:
1. Login to your FXhome.com account and visit this page:http://fxhome.com/account/
2. Click the "Install" button for the version of PhotoKey you wish to install.
3. A new page will open, with links to download the installer, and instructions for installing. In step 4, click the “Without internet connection” tab.
4. Use the link that appears to download your program key file. Do not open the file or unzip it.
5. In the PhotoKey activation wizard, choose the third option for activation, "Select my downloaded program key file." Choose the file you just downloaded to complete the activation process.