Artlist recently updated their license to keep your content safer than ever. Any assets used from the Creative Library within HitFilm come under this license.
If your video received a copyright claim from Artlist, it’s likely that YouTube’s Content ID system has identified our music in your video but didn’t recognize you as a licensed subscriber in our system.
In some cases, you may have a valid license, but your use of the music may not comply with our license terms.
First, make sure to check the following:
- You are a current or former subscriber to an FXhome plan
- You uploaded the video during a valid subscription period
- Ensure your video doesn’t violate our license.
What do I do if I get a claim?
If you receive a claim from YouTube regarding a music track that you properly licensed, you should have no problem getting the claim removed.
1. Open the copyright claims page in your YouTube account to dispute the claim.
2. When submitting your dispute, select the option that you have a license for the track, and include both of the following in your dispute:
The following subscriber statement:
Creator and Pro accounts: “I am paying member of FXhome.com and I have the rights to use this track on my YouTube video”
Your FXhome account email address.
If you have any questions about your claim, please contact customer support.